Sunday, July 24, 2016

7 months later...

I'm dropping in here to mostly spam you all with photos of Hannah doing her thing and riding horses, since that's the majority of my horse time these days. She turned 2 in March and fancies herself as quite the little horse lover. She rides a TB mare at Maddy's barn but also never turns down a pony ride if it's offered. She still hasn't shown an ounce of fear and after I sat her on my lap and let her watch Rolex XC with me, she asks regularly to jump. She's trotted over a pole and walked over a tiiiiiny crossrail but her little legs are still so short that she won't be doing any more "jumping" for quite a while.

riding a sled in January like a boss

Kenny came to watch her ride one day
her new power wheels
Cairo, the best dog in the universe

at the Ice Castles in New Hampshire in February

riding a dog statue at the zoo lol

I love this mare, she is just the coolest horse. This is the same super quiet horse that Hannah rides but when I am on her she's a riot.


helping Maddy tack up Zoe






this was the first time I let her ride by herself

of course she loved the pony in the bunny costume (Easter)

We got suckered into adopting a little dog who was supposed to be a puppy but turned out to be a 2 year old dog who just acted like a puppy....including peeing and pooping everywhere, chewing everything in sight and being a menace in general. She's grown on me though. Her name is Tilly. She is WONDERFUL with Hannah and she's made Cairo (now 6) a younger dog.


March -- H got a swing set for her brithday


Hannah with her homies in the field

Hannah and Cairo



she's also a professional chicken feeder

we rode a camel at the zoo; she handled it like she'd been riding camels her whole life.

she loves chickens, like, LOVES THEM, and this one almost got loved to death but I intervened.




at a friend's house. she had been in the kiddie pool and then wanted to see the horses. what a life!

she likes brushing animals, no matter their species!


riding a horse at the mall

Father's Day festivities

I picked this little western saddle up for $150 but her legs are still too short for it!

feeding Brantley carrots

kissing Brantley on the nose at Maddy's clinic
I still have my photography and design business (www.polarsquaredesigns.com / www.facebook.com/polarsquaredesigns) and it's going great. I have never been happier (or more exhausted). I wouldn't have it any other way, though. I shot my first births this Spring and loved it. I have six weddings on the books this year and really enjoy those, too. I am also loving all of my family sessions. Overall I think I made the right choice starting this business. On top of that, I am working with a marketing company as their

We are also nearing the end of our second house flipping project and it should be on the market soon. The first one sold in 48 hours so we're excited to see how this second one does! There are photos of that project over on our Taylor Real Estate Investing facebook page.

8 comments:

  1. Love all the photos, I cannot believe Hannah is already two years old. How quickly time flies!
    Great to hear all is going so well, keeping my fingers crossed for another successful flip 😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! You've got quite a nice little kid it looks like :)
    Congrats on your business being so successfull and that you're so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to see your post and the incredible photos!!! I have a new granddaughter and anxiously awaiting her first time in the saddle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so sweet and adorable. I'm glad I got to see you and meet her <3 (And give her a pony ride!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the one where she is leading the horse.....MY FEELINGS < 3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful and you look really happy. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, so good to hear from you! I am writing an email to my equine insurance agent and thought of you and the wonderful post you wrote about horse insurance eons ago. I'm so glad to hear things are going well for your family -- Hannah is just the most adorable kid <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!