Sunday, February 3, 2013

Horse Shaming - Vote Here!

Voting starts NOW and ends on Sunday, February 10th at noon EST.

Look through the images, pick your favourite, and then scroll to the bottom of this post and use the poll to place your vote. Only one vote per IP address but feel free to share the link to this entry on Facebook and your own blogs to get more votes.

To make sure everyone can read the text, I've also added the little stories as captions below each photo. You can click on any photo to make it larger.

There will be two winners: one with the highest number of votes, and one that is randomly selected.

Happy Horse Shaming! :)

SUBMITTED BY ALICIA T
"Hi, I'm Mollie and during the night I let myself out of my
stall! I entertain myself by ripping blankets off blanket bars
and fraternizing with the geldings.  My mother calls me a
S-L-U-T for leaving "girl puddles" all over the ground but
she really just doesn't understand the relationships I have
 with boys.  I always make sure to look like a deer in
 the headlights when someone shows up earlier than
 usual and sends pictures to my mother though!"

SUBMITTED BY ALICIA W
"Being clean is over-rated. After my rider has painstakingly scrubbed
every inch of me, I like to unwind with a good trot and roll in the deepest
mud I can find. Especially right before important visitors arrive to see me!
I can even get filthy whilst confined in my stable! Now that, my friends,
is a true talent." 

SUBMITTED BY HILLARY
"Like my pretty Rambo cooler? I pooped in the front of my stall and rolled
in it. I did it on purpose! It was the first time I ever wore it. My mom was
not impressed. 

SUBMITTED BY BRIDGET
"My dad won $6,500,000.

I won $1,600.

And I can't figure out how to eat an apple."

SUBMITTED BY CRYSTAL
"I will stand on this big blue tarp all day long and it doesn't bother me a bit...
as long as I make the decision to stand on it...all my mom has to do is just
point to it and I will jump all over it, what's the big deal? But when we are in
a gymkhana or a timed obstacle event and I am being ridden -- HECK NO --
that big blue thing grows fangs, claws, and is like a disease...no way are you
getting me to go on it! But then all you need to do is turn off the stopwatch
and the fangs and claws go away...so funny how that works."

SUBMITTED BY DOM
"I lure riders into a false sense of security.

THEN I STOP!"

SUBMITTED BY ELIZABETH
"This is my way of showing my mother how much I
dislike wearing a flymask. Sorry, not sorry." 
SUBMITTED BY JESSICA P
"It's all fun and games not to let the giant draft cross have hay...

...until someone (almost) loses an eye!"

SUBMITTED BY JESSICA D
"Lately my mom has been too busy taking care of sick animals at vet school
to visit me often.

So I decided to choke while she was on call for emergencies so we could
spend some more time together."

Clever, huh?"

SUBMITTED BY KAREN
"I get buckets stuck on my face."

SUBMITTED BY LIZ(1)
"I was afraid of this sign."

SUBMITTED BY LIZ(2)
Horse: "I chase dogs, especially this one."

Dog: "I tried to bite his leg."
SUBMITTED BY TRENA
"I like to roll right after my mom spends hours getting me clean!"

SUBMITTED BY SARAH U
"My mom wanted a picture of me with her new friend.

Now she says he feels 'incomplete' since meeting me. I think he's just
a big grump!"

SUBMITTED BY SHANNON
"I always need to be the center of attention! For instance when my human
tries to clean her tack, I must steal the broom and wave it around! Then
I get ALL the attention I could ever want!!!!!"

SUBMITTED BY JULIANNE
"When I walk on by, girls be looking like damn he fly... I pimp to the beat...
'cause I'm sexy and I know it!"

Oh heeeeeey there pretty lady! Sure I'm gelded (trust me, the tests don't lie)
but I don't let that hold me back. I LOVE all the ladies...especially that sassy,
spotty Appy that's owned by the lady who feeds me. Ya she's next door but we've
partied a few times if you know what I mean! wink wink!

 I thought everyone was having fun flirting and partying but then that feeding
lady moved me by myself to the end and started calling me 'pimp daddy!'
I can't believe she would mess with my game like that."

SUBMITTED BY MARE
"My mother does NOT understand the concept of a committed relationship!
While I get that she's never had a boyfriend that lasted any longer than like
a week, she needs to realize that I. AM. IN. LOVE. Turning me ou in the
outdoor arena without my man simply wasn't working for me. I was *trying*
to help her out by jumping the fence and joining my BF...unfortunately
Wilbur's sweet nickering made me forget that I'm not actually a show jumper.

Oops...

Let's just say that my mom was les than pleased...."

SUBMITTED BY CASSIE
"They say 'No Hoof No Horse', and though my Mom makes sure that my hooves are well
taken care of, I think that they need a little extra pampering. So I decided to take matters
into my own 'hooves'. Every day I soak my toes in the water trough to get  that little extra
moisture that I think that they need. My Mom thinks that I'm just playing, but she just
doesn't understand that a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, to pamper her toes."

SUBMITTED BY MONICA
"My name is Yankee and I destroy anything my mom puts on my legs
because I am a d*ck. Wraps, polos, boots, I don't discriminate. I rip
them off, chew them up, then trample on them. Sometimes I poop
 on them too. This is why we can't have nice things."

SUBMITTED BY NICOLE
"If I stand right here behind the fence, maybe they won't notice the broken
fence boards and blame the little guys."

SUBMITTED BY JULIE
"I tried to help Mom take down the Christmas decorations, but she didn't
to appreciate it. I don't know why...it was January.

She muttered something about a huge vet bill after she pried the bell out
of my mouth. I guess the vets don't like Christmas decorations up in
January, either."

SUBMITTED BY NEIGHGIRL
"I wait until we are right in front of the judge to drop a load ;)"

SUBMITTED BY FIONA
"If I keep my head down they won't notice I've escaped. Again. I don't know
why they get so upset...it's only the seventh time this week!

Yes, I'm an escape artist! Under, between, or through the fence, I'll always
find a way out. It's so much fun picking a new spot when my family
reinforces the last one. In the last few months I've broken at least three
wooden fence posts, and pulled another three out of the ground, as well as
pulled over 20m worth of electric fencing through the field when
I got out and couldn't get back in."

SUBMITTED BY KATIE B
"See my gorgeous, long mane, punctuated by that short patch
near my withers, a product of my constant rubbing on things? My mom
practically pulls HER hair out when she sees it, because she thinks
it looks bad, but she doesn't know it is my way of expressing my
 alternative style, rebelling against tradition! Shame? Please, not
understanding my alternative style is the real shame!

(Also pardon the drowned rat look - mom just bathed the
spring mud off me, another rebellious act on my part)"

SUBMITTED BY JESS C

"I know Jess is mad that I keep throwing my shoes. But
the farrier is so cute, and she always polishes my feet.
 I wish she would use the sparkly glitter polish like the pony
 in the next stall has, but I will take what I can get, and
 the farrier always tells me I'm handsome. So I could keep my
shoes on if I wanted to, but then I wouldn't get to see
my favorite farrier ever, and I can't help it. I'm in love."

SUBMITTED BY BEBE

"I chew all the wood on the property even though I have many toys
and big round bales!"

SUBMITTED BY LYNN W

"Last month, I developed abscesses on both front feet - OUCH!

Luckily, my mom has been there to take care of me every night to soak my feet
in tubs of Epsom salt and hot water and bring me treats!

But the thing is, I really love to play in water...

I think I'm a pretty fun guy and I can't help but splash it ALL over the barn aisle
after my mom spends all that time heating it up for me - she' just no fun!"

SUBMITTED BY ALLISON

"Refuses to cross bridges when judges are looking"



Horse Shaming - Vote for the Winner
Alicia T0%
Alicia W0%
Hillary0%
Bridget0%
Crystal0%
Dom0%
Elizabeth0%
Jessica P0%
Jessica D0%
Karen0%
Liz(1)0%
Liz(2)0%
Trena0%
Sarah U0%
Shannon0%
Julianne0%
Mare0%
Cassie0%
Monica0%
Nicole0%
Julie0%
NeighGirl0%
Fiona0%
Katie B0%
Jess C0%
BeBe0%
Lynn W0%
Allison0%

14 comments:

  1. Fun contest =-)

    Technically I should be Jessica D not Jessica W but that's ok, it won't mess up your voting or anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woops sorry about that! I fixed it and it won't affect the votes in any way :)

      Delete
  2. Oh dear... So many choices. I'm going to have to come back tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wont let me vote...can you tally one for Alicia T for me? Thx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fixed the issue with the poll - can you see if it works now? Thanks!

      Delete
  4. It wouldn't let me vote, but could I please submit a vote for Karen? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, I think I have fixed the poll. Can you see if it works now? Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Now, of course AFTER submissions are over, I figure out one for my horse. But I voted! Good luck to the participants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's working, and I voted. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the contest! Lots of great entries!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!