Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

Kristen from sweet horse's breath awarded Lucy and I with the Stylish Blogger Award :D

There are 4 duties to perform to receive this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

The Thank You:

Kristen and I have a lot in common. We are both young artsy professionals, starting our married lives with our significant others. And both of us fell in love with a thoroughbred who wasn't in the best condition, and we have both made our horses shine again. Her horse, Lazarus, is a handsome bay OTTB whom Kristen got fresh off the track. Like a lot of OTTB's, he needed some weight when she got him, but you'd never know that now because he is shiny, happy, and there are no signs of ribs :) She has also worked with him through a bout with laminitis, but he is back on track now and feeling great. She inspires me to keep at it, even when Lucy is really pushing my buttons, because something awesome is always around the corner.

Seven Things About Myself:

1. I have been riding since I was 3 but my earliest memory of horses isn't from riding. Until I was six, I lived next to a horse farm and my mum would ride the horses over to our house and come up the driveway. I remember standing there as a very young girl and looking up in complete awe at my mum on a gigantic bay thoroughbred, and then off she went, into the hunt fields to jump big fences. And that is how I got hooked.

2. Lucy is my very first horse, and I bought her for myself in November of 2009. I got tired of asking "Santa" for a horse. All he ever got my was a My Little Pony, or a Breyer. Those are lovely, but I wanted a real live eating and pooping pony! I've always liked the project horses and boy oh boy has Lucy been a project. I adore her and I am glad I keep this blog, because it makes it easy for me to click back through our progress and realise just how far we've come.

3. I grew up all over the place. I was born in Hong Kong, and have lived in England, the Annapolis MD area, the Boston MA area, and now I live in Rhode Island with my husband. I have also traveled a fair bit, and I try to ride whenever I travel.

4. I love, love, love to eat, and I will try almost anything. I draw the line at some animal products (and tofu, because that just sounds gross) but I do try to be adventurous! I am screwed if my metabolism ever slows down.

5. I also love cars. I plan on having a mid-life crisis and buying a Mini Cooper. After my first car (a Honda Accord) died last year, I was *this close* to buying a Mini but at the last minute bought Lucy and a used 2008 Volvo instead. If Lucy weren't almost 17hh, I would name her Mini Cooper. ;) Just kidding.

6. I work in Emergency Management, which is basically the art of predicting unpredictable events and trying to be as prepared as possible for them. This is not my passion, though. I am an artist by trade and training and I have a BA in Fine Art. I post my artwork from time to time here, but if you'd like to see more, you can check out my DeviantART account.

7. As I mentioned above, I live in New England with my wonderful husband, whom I married this past September. He is a pretty good rider himself, though he doesn't spend a lot of time at the barn these days. I fell in love with him when we used to ride two horses down in the Southern part of the state. We could ride right to the beach and boy did he look handsome on the Azteca mare with his cowboy hat on.

15 Great Bloggers:

1. A Collection of Madcap Escapades
2. Eventing-A-GoGo
3. Green n Green = Black n Blue
4. Grey Brook Eventing
5. Jessi Makes Jewelry
6. Lovin' from the Oven
7. Saddle Fitting: The Inside Journey
8. Sweet Horse's Breath
9. Tacky Tack of the Day
10. Team Taco
11. The George Morris Chronicles
12. The Jurga Report: Horse Health Headlines
13. Wanderlust
14. Tucker the Wunderkind
15. Tails and Trails of a Barn Rat

3 comments:

  1. I nominated you first :-P
    http://harnessphoto.blogspot.com/2011/01/award-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah jeez, I'm sorry :( I suck. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate, thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm so glad you did, because it was such a pleasure to discover your blog. Your photos of Lucy are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!