Sunday, September 28, 2014

Meet Kayla, Lucy's new mom

Today I signed the sales agreement for Lucy, which makes her no longer my horse. I am very sad about this, but also very happy, because her new person is a perfect match. Kayla is head-over-heels for Lucy, and after watching her ride today, I can tell you all that Lucy feels the same. She was so happy and so relaxed under saddle today. Kayla rides with Morgan so Lucy gets to stay where she is, which I am relieved about. I know she will be well taken care of and want for nothing. Kayla plans to event her down the road, but is going to take some time to get to know Lucy better before heading out to competitions.

I will probably do a more introspective post when I have time, but for now, I will leave you all with some photos I took of Kayla and Lucy today.



















19 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had to sell her, but I'm very happy you found someone who loves her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Wonderful. I'm glad that she found such a great match!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad for you but also happy. It's great she found a good match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the sale. I hope you'll continue blogging though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad and happy all mixed up. Love the fall colors and the big smile on Kayla's face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto to all comments above. I know it's a hard mix of emotions but glad Lucy found a great home. Nice pics with nice fall foliage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry that you had to sell her. So bittersweet, but it looks like she found a wonderful home. I absolutely adore the photos, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So bittersweet, but Kayla looks so happy and so does Lucy! It's awesome that she found a great home with a trainer you know and respect. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to Kayla and Lucy. They look great together, and I love the big smile Kayla has.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bittersweet. I'm sad too, although not nearly as much as you must be. Just from looking at Lucy's face, though, I can tell she's happy, and how nice is it that you know exactly where she will be and who she will be with. You couldn't ask for more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad it worked out so well for Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe Kayla will keep up with a blog of her own! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats to the happy new pair! you must be happy to have found such a nice match

    ReplyDelete
  14. My heart goes out to you! Happy you found a loving home for Lucy - they look good together :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's very bittersweet. Lucy looks happy! That's comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations and hugs. Mixed emotions for sure. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, that must be so hard but all you can wish for is she is loved/cared for which it seems like this is a good match. I hope it all works out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your content is nothing short of bright in many forms. I think this is friendly and eye-opening material. I have gotten so many ideas from your blog. Thank you so much. mommyblogger

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!