Sunday, May 16, 2010

*knock knock*, anyone home?

After a week of my horse doing nothing more than sunbathing while Kenny and I went through house-buying-hell and sleep deprivation due to 3am puppy wake-up calls, I decided enough was enough, I was going to ride my horse. I pulled Lucy out of the paddock and tacked her up, all prepared to ride a rocket ship. I knocked on her forehead and said, "hello? baby thoroughbred? are you in there?" AND IT DID NOT ECHO. This means she has a brain and it was working today.

She hacked around the ring with her nose on the ground and then sauntered through the field down the street like she owned the place, had a nice little gallop down the long side, trotted lightly back up towards the entrance, galloped up the hill to get to the road, and walked home on a loose rein.

I cannot argue with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!