Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Awards!

It has been like Christmas around here with all these awards! As Zenyatta would say, "blush, blush!". Thank you for recognizing my blog...I do put a good amount of effort into it and I am glad you all enjoy it.

I was given the Kreativ Blogger Award by BeBe over at A Filly's Best Friend:


For this award, I am supposed to share 10 things you may not know about me, my dog(s), and my horse(s):

1. Cairo is a Rhodesian Ridgeback but she is actually considered "ridgeless" because her little baby ridge doesn't meet the breed standard. We love her all the same and she isn't lacking any of the other Ridgeback characteristics!
2. I met Lucy a few months before I actually bought her, and at the time, she wasn't for sale. I liked her a lot then and it must have been fate that brought us together a short time later.
3. My dream car is a Mini Cooper S.
4. I grew up in Hong Kong, England, Washington DC, and Massachusetts, and if I've learned one thing from my international childhood, it's that "home is where the family is".
5. Cairo's parents and grandparents are international champions.
6. Lucy has grown almost four inches since I got her.
7. I have an art degree and my "ultimate goal" is to be a graphic designer for a horse magazine.
8. The saddle pad business started out as a just-for-fun thing, where I'd paint them as gifts for friends. When people started asking me if they could buy one, I realized I may have  a good business opportunity on my hands, and the rest is history!
9. I sold my first commissioned horse portrait at the age of 14.
10. Kenny had only ridden a handful of times (ponyrides) before we met, but he quickly developed a very good sense of balance in the saddle and after a few "lessons" he was popping over little crossrails. He is a natural!

Now, for the passing on of the award to six blogs I enjoy (with this and also the next award, I tried to pick blogs that haven't been given an award yet):

CONTACT
Wanderlust (not a horsey blog, but VERY interesting and fun to follow!)
Foxhunting Friesian
Allie and Gracie
Mad for Smarty
Lovin' From the Oven

I was given the Liebster Award by Thoroughbred Adventures, Hopeful Jumpers, and Liz Stout (THANK YOU!)



Liebster means “dearest” in German, and the award is intended to help up-and-coming blogs get the attention they deserve. Here are the rules:

1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award
3. Pick your five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs!

Thoughtful Equestrian
Comedic Eventing
Capture the Light Photography
Polka Dot Periodical
The View From A Saddle

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!