Wednesday, October 17, 2012

like sending a kid off to camp

Lucy is going to another barn for a clinic tomorrow, and staying until Sunday. I had a lot of things to get ready for her little sleepover, and after work today I went to the barn and spent ages checking things off my list.

I really felt like I was sending my kid to a summer camp! I portioned out her grain for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and put each meal into labeled plastic Ziplock bags. I cleaned her tack and put little ID tags on everything, including her blankets, bridle, saddle, and girth. Since she's going to be away for a few days, I cleaned her paddock out really well and re-filled her water, so she can have a nice clean space to come home to on Sunday. Finally, I got all her paperwork together, including a sheet with contact/emergency info for her stall, rabies certificate, and coggins.

No, I don't have a life.

I also took her on a quick trail ride with Cairo, who is going in for surgery tomorrow (I'm trying not to think too much about that).

I am kind of looking forward to not having to clean her stall for three whole days.

6 comments:

  1. Hope Lucy has fun! Thinking happy, healing thoughts for Cairo - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for little Cairo! Hope Lucy enjoys her clinic:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is taking Lucy? What clinic is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a natural horsemanship clinic at a barn in the next town over. I detailed it a bit more in an entry a few days ago.

      Delete
  4. Oh goodness, hope miss Lucy has fun at her clinic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know, it might be easier to send a kid to camp than a horse to a clinic.

    Thinking of Cairo today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!