Saturday, May 19, 2012

Oh, come ON

As predicted, I sucked at following my little training schedule, but I think I am mostly prepared for tomorrow anyway. We did some dressage rides, we did the XC school on Monday, I did a few trail rides/trot sets, a couple gallops out in the field, and schooled fences twice. Everything went surprisingly smoothly throughout the week, and I got to the barn this morning around 11 all ready to put in one last dressage school and then pack for the show.

I pulled Lucy in out of her paddock and got to work brushing. Curry, soft brush, hoof pick. LF, LH, RF, R....WHERE THE HELL IS THE RH SHOE?!?!?!

Yes, my dear readers, my smartass horse lost a shoe the day before we ship out for an event. On a weekend. During show season. I just about had a meltdown right there and then.

By some sweet miracle, my farrier was able to come out and stop my world from crumbling further within THE HOUR. That's right, my farrier is the shizzle. I still cannot believe how wonderful he was about everything. I paid him in cash, cupcakes, a cold drink, and a sandwich. He kept saying thank you to me and I was like, no, really, thank YOU!

such a pretty sight...a shoe on each foot

I rode, bathed the pony, packed everything up, put shavings in the trailer, and by golly I think we are ready. Tonight I am going to pick up our traveling companion, who lives at her owners house 30 minutes away. She's staying at my barn overnight (yay for open stalls and awesome barn owners who permit this sort of thing) and then we can head out bright and early tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck and have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your farrier sounds awesome! Good luck at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I can't wait read what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good luck! I'm re-living David's event days through you! Tell us everything!
    David's event horse used to regularly pull a shoe off...in the trailer...on the way to an event!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo for an awesome farrier!

    Good luck and you will do awesome!! Can't wait to hear the update!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to hearing how it was! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!