Sunday, May 8, 2011

trip to the beach

Lucy's leaser and I took her to the beach today. Claire and her horse Boe were supposed to come along but Claire had a last minute thing come up so she couldn't make it. I was disappointed but she graciously offered her trailer to us to use, so we ventured out solo.

The sea horse quarter mark I made for her at 11pm last night. Yup, I am cool.

We had a BLAST! There were no swans in sight, and the beach was practically empty. It was windy and a bit cool today, but Lu held it together fairly well. I was happy with her.

Lauren walked her in the water a bit to make sure there weren't going to be any PTSD symptoms from two weeks ago when we both almost drowned:




Lucy didn't seem concerned about anything, so Lauren hopped on and had some fun!





And then I got on for just a couple minutes:






Video:

9 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! That looks like So much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Lucy is so brave about water. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I'm jealous of your beach adventure and your fun mare that you can take there.

    That seahorse is super cute! Did you use hair spray and a stencil or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg i want to ride at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a blast! I DREAM of doing this with Lazarus! Go Lucy girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the quarter mark, I made a stencil out of a thin flat piece of cardboard. I drew the sea horse out freehand and then cut it out. Lauren had groomed L to perfection and I placed the stencil over her hind end and brushed the hair that was still exposed (in the shape of the sea horse) in the wrong direction. I forgot to bring hair spray with me but we sprayed the area with show sheen and prayed for the best. Hair spray would have been way better, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stencil, that is so cool! Looks like a great time at the beach. My horse wouldn't go near the water with a 10 ft pole, so I would never be able to do that. Considering the number of gators around here, I'm not too keen on overcoming Tiny's fear of water bodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Michelle! And can I just say that if there were alligators ANYWHERE around here I would never ever ever ever go to the beach. I already have a "thing" about water where I can't see the bottom and any added threat of man-eating monsters would do me in for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely beach! I enjoyed the video of your girl in action. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!