Thursday, March 1, 2012

Beach Polo

Over the winter, the Newport International Polo Team continues to practice. Over the weekend, they had a beach polo tournament and since it was also my birthday, I dragged Kenny out there. We ended up having a great time and it wasn't even too cold. Cairo came along, too!


Cairo wore her little jacket, of course.

Cairo really wanted to play!










I was so impressed that these little thoroughbreds didn't get knocked off-
balance as their heavy riders hung off the sides of them.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a workout! Great pics, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics! I wish I would have known they did that. I live about 20 mins away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to ride polo ponies. They LOVE their job - when we stick and balled them, they used to chase the ball like a dog! The most well trained, sane horses I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Daily training is ride one, lead FOUR for 20 minute trot/canter sets around a track. Being in control of 5 horses at once is a thrill and I would do it all again in a heartbeat. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!