Tuesday, December 11, 2012

happy/sad

Over the past month and a half, a big change has been brewing: Lauren found a horse that she fell in love with and ended up agreeing to take on as her own.

Lauren and Charlie
We drove down to Pennyslvania this past weekend to pick him up, and he is now safely at his new barn with Lauren. She opted not to board at the same barn as me because she recently moved and it was almost an hour's drive for her, but she isn't far away and I plan on going to visit soon.

So of course I am thrilled for her because I know exactly what it's like to be in her shoes as the perpetual leaser and to really want your own horse. However, I am really going to miss her! I am sure Lucy will too.

She started a blog for her new horse, named Charlie, which you can read here. I told her I would pimp it out for her, so make sure to add it to your reading list so you can keep up with their progress. Charlie is a 5 year old Irish TB gelding. He is a real sweetheart and I know he couldn't have gotten a better home. He is very green and has a lot to learn, but he has a willing attitude and zero soundness or health issues, so the sky is the limit!

9 comments:

  1. Yeah - another blog to follow :) I just left Lauren a comment - what a lovely guy Charlie is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy and sad! I will have to follow her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bittersweet for you...I will go follow her blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it certainly is :) I was lucky enough to find one Lauren; I doubt there are many others! :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh! <3 Charlie. He looks like Cuna. Congrats to Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG he totally does, like a spitting image, same loveable face and copper colour.

      Delete
  5. He's a cutie, I will have no choice to follow the blog :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy for Lauren. Adding her blog to my list :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!