Tuesday, January 1, 2013

7 years old? yeah right!

January 1 marks the birthday for all Thoroughbreds according to the Jockey Club, though I don't really "celebrate" Lucy's birthday until the real deal later in the month. However, we did go out and have a snow ride this morning. I didn't lunge or warm her up at all because the footing wasn't that great outside so she was a little spooky and kind of hot, but we got through it and I had fun riding in the snow.

So Happy unofficial Birthday to Honolulu, who is now 7 going on 2, and Happy Birthday to all our Thoroughbred friends.


WOW do I need a tan!





14 comments:

  1. Aww, Lucy missed you! You have more snow than we do (KY) but like you I rode this morning. Well it was more of an amble really. Welcome home and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lucy! Haha :)

    I love your coordinating outfits in the first pictures!

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy TB birthday and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Lucy! Our OTTB is 13 today...going on 2 also :) Love that last kiss pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it makes you feel any better, Ozzy didn't grow a brain til he turned 10.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see you are just in a sweater..must not be as cold as it is here ...I'm jealous!

    I usually celebrate the real Bdays too...Happy Thoroughbred Bday Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was about 30 degrees but I had just finished cleaning stalls so I was really warm! By the time I untacked her and put everything away, I was freezing again.

      Delete
  7. Oh wow. LOVE that last under saddle picture. Who needs a tan when you're both gorgeous. (And what bridle is that? So pretty.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Lucy! Henry is an OTTB but he wasn't born till May so I totally don't count Jan 1st ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlie's birthday isn't until May either so we're definitely not counting it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you always have the BEST pictures. Gah.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!