Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 3 of the "Pessoa"

Day 1 was better than I expected. Lucy tried her very best to understand how she had to carry herself. She stretched down a couple of times but immediately seemed to lose her balance, and had to catch herself.

Day 2 was an improvement, but she wasn't quite sure enough of herself to really go forward. I also tweaked the rigging a bit so it supported her more.

Day 3, today, was so much better!! I used a lunge whip to encourage her to go a bit more forward and that seemed to help a lot.

Maddy took some photos for me, thanks Maddy!!!















I do need a better solution for this, and I don't particularly want to buy a
girth cover for $30. I know I can make something better, just have to figure
out how to do it! I'm considering using a quilt batting liner to give the tube
some structure so it doesn't get crumpled like this.



I am working on a "how to" post to make one of these. Unfortunately I deleted the photos I had of making the original one, so I will make another one so that I can get photos of it, and then probably do a giveaway. Sound good? ;)

8 comments:

  1. I've never used one of these systems. But good luck with it.

    I do all my lungeing following this great book I found. It's the best I've ever read. If you're interested it's : Horse Training In-Hand (A Modern Guide to Working from the Ground) by Ellen Schuthof-Lesmeister and Kip Mistral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you've made one. Looking forward to reading your how-to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. could you use a piece of hose then maybe a halter fuzzy around the hose to prevent bunching??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too would like to read your how-to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! Another give away. That would be sweet. Could you potentially put elastic on the inside of the "liner" so that it stays in position? Or maybe velcro? I am definitely not as handy as you seem to be though so those might be awful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the fleece there to keep it from rubbing, or just to keep the lines together? Or both? I've never used a Pessoa before--looks pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucy looks great! Cant wait for the how-to :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!