Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Friends!

Over the weekend, some friends of mine came to visit and they brought their horses! My barn owner was kind enough to let them keep their two geldings in some of the empty stalls at the barn, and the girls stayed at my apartment.

In the photo above, Erin and her horse Willie are on the left, and Dom and her horse Ozzy are on the right. Lucy and I are in the middle. They arrived from New Jersey on Saturday, and were totally exhausted because they had spent all day in Boston at MIT at an event with the horses (they have the craziest adventures!) so as soon as the horses were settled in, we went back to my apartment and crashed.

On Sunday morning, Lucy got her feet done and then we all rode out for a trail ride. The barn owner had tried to tell me where the trails in the back of the barn's property are, but we lost the trail after about 1/4 mile because everything was so overgrown. We gave up and turned around, and headed to the field down the street instead.


Ozzy and Willie are super well-behaved. They are both Standardbreds and they were great trail riding mentors for Lucy. She was in love with both of them, too, which I'm sure helped ;) In the above photo, Erin and Dom were sitting "side saddle" on their horses, but I feel comfortable doing that on Lucy, so I was joking around and I took my legs off of her for the photo, saying "this is all that I'm willing to take off of the saddle!". She was a good girl and stood for our shenanigans, though!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a dumbass and didn't realize you had this blog til Erin showed it to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!