Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Feeling Fresh


I took the day off of work today so I was at the barn a bit early to feed Lucy. "Auntie Jenny", aka my best friend and maid of honour in my wedding came with me. We call her Auntie Jenny because she's the sister I never had, which by default makes her Lucy's Aunt.


Lucy scaring the crap out of poor Jenny.

Jenny was feeling incredibly brave and wanted to ride today, so after Lucy ran around to get excess energy out, Jenny got on and walked her around a bit. She did so well! Lucy was very good, too. She got lots of treats afterward!
Jenny did a fantastic job.

"Good girl!"

I also pulled Lucy's mane today because it was getting a bit long. I pulled it short so that hopefully by the spring it will have grown out a bit and evened out. I ended up having to cut the top section of mane because she got really impatient in the crossties and was starting to act silly, and I didn't want to leave it half done. I have never cut a mane before but I don't think I did too badly. It was only a few inches, anyway.

Tomorrow we are supposed to get up to 20" of snow, which seems especially cruel after a glorious 40+ degree day like today was. Nonetheless, it will be here early tomorrow morning to wreak havoc on the commute...can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!