Wednesday, February 16, 2011

sad day at the farm

I've been quiet this week even though I have had a few good rides because we lost one of my favourite horses at the barn yesterday. Spanky was an elderly grey gelding who had to be put down unexpectedly yesterday. It hit his owners and the rest of the boarders at the barn hard. He was such a character and I will miss him dearly. Even Lucy seemed to be mourning him yesterday. She seemed very sad and withdrawn. Spanky was the gelding she loved to torture the most and he was one of the more studdish geldings I've met, so he dished it right back to her.

RIP Spanky.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the loss! Its hard enough to lose a horse but even worse when it's unexpected. My prayers go out to all of you! RIP Spanky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. It's hard to lose any of them. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that is always so hard. Poor Spanky. I think the horses know for sure, when they loose one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!